"Nose! Nose!"

Landyn has now picked up an ill-favored habit, he likes to pick his nose. Yep, you heard right, at 20 months old my son is a nose picker! I thought this habit wouldn't come until later years but I was wrong. I think it started b/c I'm always using the nose suction and nasal spray on him. He usually hates this process and starts crying and trying to run away. So one day I showed him what was coming out (I thought he might be grossed out and sit still for me). I said "Ew.. Landyn look what's in your nose, gross! Let me get it out". Well, shortly after that display he decided he was going to get "his little friends" out himself. The first time he did it we were out shopping and he was in his stroller. He yelled out "Nose! Nose!". When I looked down at him he was holding his finger out with a nice little present on there for me. I couldn't believe what I saw and was not only grossed out but super embarrassed! I immediately got a wipe, cleaned his finger off and explained to him he cannot put his finger in his nose. That only Mommy can clean his nose with the suction. Since then he has done this a few more times and every time yells out "Nose! Nose!". I tell him not to this and it seems like he is now starting to listen. Today he brought me the suction and said "Nose! Nose!". So I praised him for bringing me the suction and cleaned his nose. Lets hope this is the end to his not so pleasant habit.

Here's a pic of him being caught in the act!

No comments:

Post a Comment